Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Host movie

For once, I'm really happy to be Spanish!! Here in Spain, The Host came to cinemas yesterday, March 22nd, because of Easter holidays being here next week, so no movies can be released next Friday. I went to the premiere yesterday with my friends, all of us very excited of being there! But I think that, of all the cinema, I was the only person who had read the book. No one else looked like they knew what the movie was about before it started. In the USA and the rest of the world, the movie is out on cinemas 
I was worried that the movie may disappoint me after reading the book, but it didn't. Not for a moment. I thought it was really similar to the book, except some details but, you know, it's been almost four years since I read it for the first time. 
After reading the Twilight series, I decided I'd give another chance to Stephenie Meyer to surprise me. Don't get me wrong; I liked Twilight, but The Host's plot is way more original. 
The main cast are Saoirse Ronan (Wanderer/Melanie Stryder), Max Irons (Jared Howe), Jake Abel (Ian O'Shea) and Diane Kruger (The Seeker). 
The special effects were great, the Souls were perfect tiny shiny things that moved in someone's hands... And the eyes... They shined in the dark, with that light blue circle around the pupil... Perfect. And Diane did such a good job being the bad one in the movie... 
I cried, laughed, smiled... Everything. Maybe other people won't feel that way about the movie, but I really liked it. 
If you have read the book, you'll like the movie a lot! I loved it! And there's everyone in Twitter still counting the days for the premiere... I'm so happy to have seen it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment