Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sant Jordi

On April 23rd every year, in my country we celebrate Sant Jordi (St George), which is the Book Day here :) That makes it one of my favourite days of the year, because it's my opportunity to get new good stuff to read... Traditionally, women give books to men while men give red roses to women, but I've always wanted to break traditions... Why would I want so many roses? I mean, one is great and nice and beautiful and all that, but then they die... And what I really want on that day is new books! So like a month before the day I start telling everyone how much I would love this and this and that book, and maybe they'll get it for me...
So this year for Sant Jordi, which was last week, I finally got:
- Warm Bodies, by Isaac Marion. I was so excited when I got it! The movie has just come out in cinemas here, but I'm not going to see it until I read the book, so that's what I'm currently reading... It looks great for now :)
- The dead of night, by John Marsden. I wasn't really sure I wanted this book, because I didn't buy it when I saw it some months ago... But my sister bought it for me, and now I'm excited about it, because I didn't expect it, but I really liked the first book. John Marsden's idea for the plot is really good. So let's see...
- The Selection, by Kiera Cass. I've been wanting this book for a few months right now, but I never really found it in a bookshop. Someone recommended it to me by Twitter, and I looked at the synopsis and stuff and I really liked how it looked so... But then I went through a few blog posts from different blogs making review about it, and I saw this one which said that buying The Selection was the biggest mistake she ever made, but the rest of reviews were quite good, so I decided to go for it and try, because only my personal opinion will decide what I think about the book. So I'll tell you when I'm done. 
- Splendor, by Anna Godbersen. Ok, this were the 17.95€ best spent in years. I've been looking everywhere for this book for four years, and I had already started to give up... Because I love the The Luxe series, I loved the first three books, and I have them in Spanish. So the right thing to do was wait until the fourth one was published. But it didn't for a long time... I remember looking everywhere on the internet for a publishing date or something about it, but the results were none. I decided to buy it in English, even if my collection will be a bit... different that way, but there was no way I was waiting any longer. So when last week I found in in a bookstore, I think I almost screamed and cried of happiness... I grabbed it and wouldn't leave it for anything till I got home, and my mom was starting at me like I was crazy... Whatever. But I was so happy I had found it!! Now let's hope that it's worth a four-years wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment