Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Divergent trailer

On August 25th, the VMAs were on on MTV, and I stayed up until 5.20am watching them. I really looked forward to the Video Music Awards because my favorite artist, Taylor Swift, would be there and was nominated to a couple of awards, and also because I love watching award shows, seeing all those people I like (or not), tweeting while watching it, seeing the performances and the dresses... And I specially looked forward to this VMAs because the Divergent trailer was going to be revealed at some point that night. When I watched it, I was so excited about everything I saw that my brain didn't process it that well, so I had to watch it again and again. That's what I do with trailers, anyway. I've seen the Catching Fire, TMI and Vampire Academy trailer thousands of times, just like The Host and other movies's, so this was not going to be an exception. 
I loved the trailer. It showed a lot of meaningful scenes, not as many as in Blood Sisters, but a lot. I'm going to take this opportunity to comment about the cast too, because we can't say we hate someone as our favourite character until we've seen them acting as them. I absolutely love Shailene Woodley as Tris. When I imagined her in the book, I pictured a completely normal girl, not too beautiful, not too confident, not too shy, I pictured her as completely average, because that's what makes us relate to the character. I find very important that the main character is relatable to us, because otherwise everthing would be completely unbelievable. I like Theo James as Four, I do, but I just find him maybe too old for the role next to Shailene. When we see him tell Tris that he's not going to let her be killed, he doesn't look as a potential love interest, at least for me, but maybe when I see the movie I'll think differently. 
I really like the fact that Kate Winslet is in this movie, because having a well-known actress as her gives to the movie a different look from the outside, like it's not just a new teenage dystopian story. 
So, after seeing The Host, which was a good adaptation of the book, I expect this, only from the trailer, to be as good, more or less. The scenes look great; jumping from the train, learning to fight, going up the fair wheel... I expect a lot from this movie, even if that's what has made me be disappointed in some other movies. 
If you haven't watched the trailer yet, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6HHCxLZftQ

No comments:

Post a Comment