Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Making of Harry Potter

So about a month ago, on May 2nd, I was in London for a long weekend with my family when they decided to give me a surprise and, guess where they took me? To the Harry Potter Warner Studios!! I was so excited when I saw the bus with "The Making of Harry Potter" written on the side, because I've been wanting to go there since forever! 
So the experience was as good or even better than I'd imagined, and I could see everything, from the real Great Hall to the clothes and wigs the actors used, and their wands. I saw the Gryffindor common room, and Albus Dumbledore's office (with the Sorting Hat and Godric Gryffindor's sword!!). There was the Burrow's inside, Hagrid's hut, the Ministry of Magic and even the Potions class! The Knight Bus was there, and so were the Nimbus 2000, 2001 and the Firebolt. The Horcruxes and other special objects, such as the golden snitch, the Remembrall, the time-turner and many more, rested in a glass box for all of us to see! And butterbeer, it was so much sweeter than I expected! Seeing the goblins, seeing Aragog, Buckbeak, Dobby and even the mandrakes and baby Voldemort was... wow, can't find words to describe it. And the miniature model of Hogwarts that was used for every take of the outside was right there! And the Diagon Alley... I think that was the best thing of all. Every single shop had all the inside arranged, and Gringotts, and Fred&George's shop... everything. The inside of Ollivaders was impressive, with over 7,000 hand-made wand boxes with names on it. JK Rowling had one, and also did Tom Felton, Alan Rickman, and many more of the people who helped make our childhoods literally magical. And the shop!! Wow. Everything, from clothes and cloaks and everything from every one of the houses, to chocolate frogs and Bertie Bott's All-Flavoured Beans (which, of course, I had to buy!). It was awesome. 
Being able to visit the set may be the best thing that's happened to me in a long, long while (if not ever). So if you live in London or ever go visit it and you're a true Potterhead, that's the thing you must do. 

PS. I'll update this post soon with some pics of my visit, if you'd like to see them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment