Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars movie

I finally got to watch TFIOS a couple of weeks ago, and it was everything that I had expected, or even better! :) I was so excited about it, and it did not disappoint me a bit. I am really glad that's happened, because usually almost everything disappoints me... 
The movie, overall, was pretty loyal to the book, and the only things they missed weren't that important, even though I would've loved to see the "Lonely, vaguely, pedophilic swing set seeks the butts of children" scenes :) But I was watching the movie, and I fell for Augustus Waters all over again... Ansel Elgort was great, with his smile and his performance. The cigarette metaphor, all the scenes with Hazel (Shailene did an awesome job too, in my opinion)... I loved it. 
I loved the fact that I finally found out how to pronounce Lidewij's name, which was something I was dying to know while reading the book.
The movie was beautiful... I am so happy about the adaptation to the big screen. John Green should be proud :) And the trip to Amsterdam, and Birdy's Not About Angels in the soundtrack, and Ansel with Shailene... It was great. I was watching, and I suddenly found myself in the part when they're leaving for Amsterdam, and that felt too soon, and then they love each other, and then he says he's sick and then... I started crying in that bench in Amsterdam that morning... And even if everything was sad from that point on, it was beautiful. And the quotes... 
So yeah, it was a great movie, and even if it's sad, which is why some people refuse to watch it, it is so beautiful that deserves us seeing it over and over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment