Friday, August 2, 2013

Beautiful Disaster, Jamie McGuire

Synopsis:

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.
Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

I had heard awesome things about this book. The reviews on the Internet were great, and there were lots of Twitter accounts dreaming of Travis as we usually dream of Jace, Dimitri, Adrian, Edward, Patch, and many more. So I decided to give it a try, even though I had no idea what the book was about. When I finally found it, after looking in many bookstores, I read the synopsis and I thought "Well, this looks like one of those romance novels that you just use to spend a good time".
I wasn't that wrong. I mean, I was quite right. It is a typical love story, bad boy and good girl style. It has action, love, friendship... Quite nice. 
I was really enjoying it while reading, I loved it. It's not something I'll tell people that they must read, but if you have nothing else, you won't be disappointed. 
Except by the ending. Love stories are nice to write and to read. The "falling in love" part is easy, and then, halfway through the book, the main characters have a fight and everything falls apart, and you hope (you know) that they'll end up happily ever after. I hated the ending of this book. Not because of what happened, but mainly because it wasn't necessary to add that many scenes to prove the point. I can't say anything else without spoiling it, but if you want to talk just tweet/ e-mail me or leave a comment or whatever. Not only about this book, but about anything. 
To sum up, the book is really good, a good love story that we should read, but it's not a must-read for anyone. But you should read it to spend a nice day or two, because it doesn't take longer than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment