Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Indigo Spell, Richelle Mead (Bloodlines #3)


Synopsis:

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.

I finally read it!! Just like every novel by Richelle Mead, I read it in English, which is why I have to wait until I go to an English-speaking country to buy the books. I've spent the last five weeks in the US, which gave me the perfect opportunity to go buy it as soon as I could. 
I love Adrian since I read VA, and even if my true love will always be Dimitri,  Adrian deserved a happy ending, and I think that's one of the main reasons why Richelle decided to write Bloodlines. And I adore Sydney, for her intelligence and her beliefs, for her love for coffee and cars, and for Roman and Greek architecture, for her devotion to her duties and her friends. For everything she is. 
So in my trip back from the US, I read the book in 6 hours. 6 hours enjoying every sentence, every scene, every chapter. I love how Richelle Mead has made me love her books. 
I liked how the characters from the Vampire Academy series are never forgotten in this spin-off, how Dimitri and Rose got the happy ending they deserved after everything they went through, even if now, when they appear, they don't seem to be like the complicated characters they once were to me. Adrian is getting his deserved prominence in the story, where Sydney has become the new Rose. The only thing that I thought was too forced in the story was the short time that's taken Adrian to forget Rose but, you know, who wouldn't fall for Sydney? And I just want to add, since I haven't posted anything about this series before, that Sydney is the best main character anyone could ask for. In every way. I love everything that's happening to her and the new person she's becoming. So now let's just wait with excitement for The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4), coming this November!!  
If you have read the rest of the Bloodlines series, this is clearly a must-read. If you have read the Vampire Academy series, this and the rest of the Bloodlines series are a must-read. If you haven't read anything by Richelle Mead, all her books are a must-read. I'm not being really objective here, only adoring her because I feel like I know her, her tweets and her books. And even if you're not into the vampire-like books, give it a try, because that's only the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment