Friday, August 2, 2013

Splendor, Anna Godbersen (Luxe #4)

Synopsis:

As spring turns into summer, Elizabeth relishes her new roles as a young wife, while her sister, Diana, searches for adventure abroad. But when a surprising clue about their father's death comes to light, the Holland girls wonder at what cost a life of splendor comes.
Carolina Broad, society's newest darling, fans a flame from her past, oblivious to how it might burn her future. Penelope Schoonmaker is finally Manhattan royalty - but when a real prince visits the city, she covets a title that comes with a crown. Her husband, Henry, bravely went to war, only to discover that his father's rule extends well beyond New York's shores and that fighting for love may prove a losing battle.
In the dramatic conclusion to the bestselling Luxe series, New York's most dazzling socialites chase dreams, cling to promises, and tempt fate. As society watches what will become of the city's oldest families and newest fortunes, one question remains: Will its stars fade away or will they shine ever brighter?

It took me years to find this book!! I read the first three of the series back in 2009, I think, or around that time, and it took me four years to find the last one in Spanish! I bought the first three in Spanish, so I wasn't going to read the last one in English... So I just waited. And waited. And the exact same week when I had  started to look for it in English on the Internet, I found it on a bookstore. I couldn't believe it! I was so happy, so excited, that everyone looked at me like I was crazy. But I didn't mind.
So I just got home and left everything else I was reading at the moment (something that I don't usually do) and read Splendor in two nights. Well, it was two nights till I had a chapter left, the last one on the series, the one that would decide if it was a happy ending or not, so I just decided I didn't want to finish because then I would already know how the series ended and it would be done forever... But I finally read it, cried for a while... 
I'm not going to spoil you the ending in case you want to read iy (which you should must), but Diana had been my favorite character since the very beginning, and I wasn't really sure what to think of her when I finished the book. I feel like everything I say about the book gives an impression about the ending, so I'm just not going to say anything else. 
In general, I absolutely loved the series, and Splendor was just the ending, as flawless as the rest, but an ending. Everyone should read that in their lives! Romance, historical fiction. Awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment