Friday, August 2, 2013

Clockwork Princess, Cassandra Clare (The Infernal Devices #3)


Synopsis:

A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.
Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.
As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment, and the tangled threads of love and loss intertwine as the Shadowhunters are pushed to the very brink of destruction in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.


I got Clockwork Princess for my birthday (June 11th), because my parents, seeing how much I wanted the book, decided that they wanted to be the ones giving it to me. So I had to wait until then while some of my friends and everyone on Twitter had already read it. And everyone was talking about how the book had made them feel... 
When I read it, I understood. The first half of the book went by pretty quickly, and I spent all that time wondering how it would end, who would Tessa end up with and... yes, who would Tessa end up with. 
I'm not writing spoilers here, but it's just... there are no words to describe it. If you've read it, you'll understand. Let me just say that I had never cried as much as I did with the last 30 pages of Clockwork Princess. Ever. So many things were happening, so many sad things altogether... I admire Cassandra Clare for the way she writes, and I will always admire her, because this ending was devastating. She clearly didn't want to disappoint anyone, not the people who love Will, not the people who love Jem, and she tried to make the best ending that she could. 
The problem with this is that there are only two possibilities concerning that ending; whether you hate it for what it makes you feel, or you love it for what it makes you feel. Same reason, different feelings. But awesome. 
The only way to really talk about this book is by crying while talking to someone who's already read it. So if you haven't read the ending chapter of The Infernal Devices, go do it right now. And if you haven't read The Infernal Devices, or even The Mortal Instruments, I don't know how can you live without knowing about the world of Shadowhunters that Cassandra Clare has made for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment