Thursday, February 13, 2014

Books that made my 2013

I've been wanting to do this since New Year's, so I'm finally doing it now. I just wanted to mention some books which made my 2013 special, but they don't have to be books that came out in 2013, and there are many that did come out that I haven't read yet (they haven't been out in my country, for example), like Allegiant. So this is my list. 

1. Clockwork Princess, by Cassandra Clare (The Infernal Devices #3). That book marked my life. There's a before and an after in my life concerning that book. Reading it was painful, but I enjoyed every second of it, and I want to do it again. Even if crying for over 30 pages is not good for my health...
Read my review in: Clockwork Princess

2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky. Read it quite early in the year, and I think I've read it more than three times since then. It's become one of my favourite books, and I love it for that. 
Read my review in: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

3. The Fault In Our Stars, by John Green. Read it not many months ago, that book was epic. And there's a movie coming up this year! Not the typical cancer book, I enjoyed reading it as much as I cried because of it. Absolutely magnificent. 
Read my review in: The Fault In Our Stars

4. Divergent, by Veronica Roth (Divergent #1). I thought it was going to be just another Hunger Games. And it is, more or less, even though the author's perspective and idea is unique. I loved it, and ran to buy Insurgent and to do the countdown for Allegiant. Now that I'm reading the third one and waiting for the movie on March, I'm happy to have listened to the critics and read another dystopia. 
Read my review in: Divergent

5. Game of Thrones, by George RR Martin (A Song of Fire and Ice #1). I have this friend who insisted on me reading George RR Martin's masterpiece, and reading the first book made me want more, so I think I'll be fine for a while :)
Read my review in: Game of Thrones

6. Splendor, by Anna Godbersen (The Luxe #4). I had been waiting for over four years for that book, and when I found it, my world was completed. But the ending... it broke me down. After years of waiting excitedly for it, I think it disappointed me so much and it made me so sad that I won't be able to recover. 
Read my review in: Splendor

7. Legend, by Marie Lu (Legend #1). A new discovery I made in 2013! Read it and its sequel, Prodigy, as fast as I could, and now waiting for Champion to get to my country so I can finish this awesome dystopian trilogy. 
Read my review in: Legend

So what books made your 2013 special? 

No comments:

Post a Comment